It makes a lot though so be ready to freeze most of it and maybe even give some away!
- 5 lbs pork loin, cubed
- 4 medium onions, diced
- 2 gallons water
- 1 cup dried cilantro or fresh cilantro is better
- 3 tablespoons beef base
- 3 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander , ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 3 (24 ounce) cans diced green chilies (If you like it hot then substitute some of the green chilies for diced jalapeno peppers)
- 8 medium potatoes, small cube
- 1 quart water
- 12 ounces cornstarch
In a large pot combine pork, onions, water, beef base, cilantro, garlic salt, black pepper, coriander and cumin.
Bring to a boil then simmer until the meat is tender.
Add the potatoes and the green chilies.
Bring back to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
In a bowl combine the quart of water with the corn starch.
Add to the pot and stir well.
Continue simmering until desired thickness.
Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Usually I will add a little more cilantro.