I know everyone has a recipe for roast chicken, but I thought that I would share mine with you all too :)
* 1 roasting chicken
* 1 lemon
* 1 tablespoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, ect.)
* 2 teaspoons garlic salt (or to taste)
* 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
* 2 large or 4 small to medium potatoes, cut in chunks
* 2 sweet potatoes, cut in chunks
* 2 carrots, cut in chunks or about 20 baby carrots
* 2 onions, cut in chunks
* 1/2 tp 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed (optional)
* 6 garlic cloves, cracked
* 1/3 cup water
* cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Place vegetables, 1 1/2 onions, and 3 garlic cloves in the pan (if using green beans place them on the top of the root vegetables). Sprinkle with pepper.
Add water to the pan.
Place chicken breast side up on top of the vegetables.
Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 of the garlic salt, pepper and herbs.
Squeeze 1/2 of the lemon on top of the chicken.
Turn chicken over and repeat seasonings.
Grate the zest of 1/2 the lemon on top of the chicken.
Place the lemon, reserved 1/2 onion, and 3 garlic cloves inside of the chicken cavity.
Spray the chicken lightly with cooking spray.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
Cook for 1 hour covered.
Continue cooking uncovered until chicken is done.